We all desire to visit the most picturesque locations, such as hill stations, but financial constraints prevent us from doing so. Fortunately, there are certain hill stations that are actually reasonable for us to visit and take in the natural beauty.
- Sonamarg: Located in Jammu and Kashmir, Sonamarg is a beautiful valley surrounded by snow-capped mountains and glaciers. It is also known as the ‘Meadow of Gold’ and offers activities like trekking, camping, rafting and skiing.
- Spiti Valley: Located in Himachal Pradesh, Spiti Valley is a remote and rugged region that is home to ancient monasteries, villages and stunning landscapes. It is also known as the ‘Little Tibet’ and offers activities like biking, hiking, wildlife spotting and stargazing.
- Kasol: Located in Himachal Pradesh, Kasol is a popular destination for backpackers and hippies who love the laid-back vibe and the natural beauty of the Parvati Valley. It is also known as the ‘Mini Israel’ and offers activities like trekking, camping, fishing and yoga.
- Auli: Located in Uttarakhand, Auli is a ski resort that boasts of the longest cable car ride in Asia and the highest artificial lake in the world. It is also known as the ‘Switzerland of India’ and offers activities like skiing, snowboarding, paragliding and trekking.
- Munsyari: Located in Uttarakhand, Munsyari is a hidden gem that offers panoramic views of the Panchachuli peaks and the Nanda Devi mountain. It is also known as the ‘Little Kashmir’ and offers activities like trekking, birdwatching, camping and boating.
- Bhimtal: Located in Uttarakhand, Bhimtal is a serene lake town that is less crowded and more peaceful than its famous neighbor Nainital. It is also known as the ‘Lake District of India’ and offers activities like boating, fishing, cycling and hiking.
- Coorg: Located in Karnataka, Coorg is a hill station that is famous for its coffee plantations, waterfalls, wildlife sanctuaries and cultural heritage. It is also known as the ‘Scotland of India’ and offers activities like rafting, trekking, camping and birdwatching.
These are some of the cheapest hill stations in India that you can visit for a memorable vacation.